I'm hoping to do a bit of videoblogging while overseas, so I thought I'd try making a (semi-)short video of what I'll be carrying. Apologies for the poor quality; my phone was having trouble focusing (and picked up this strange whistling).
Or, for the more data-minded, here's the rundown:
- Water bottle (3 pints, full): 3.75 lbs
- Backpack (North Face Surge II): 3 lbs
- DSLR camera (Nikon D7000), 2.8 lbs
- Tent (Big Agnes UL1), 2.2 lbs
- Tablet (Asus Slider), 2.2 lbs
- Clothing (t-shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, running shorts, underwear, zip-off pant legs), 2.0 lbs
- Sleeping bag (Katabatic Alsek 22), 1.5 lbs
- Electronic accessories (European adapter, camera battery, camera charger, tablet cord, USB cord, USB brick, buzzer charger), 1.0 lbs
- Toiletries (washcloth, deodorant, buzzer, toothpaste, toothbrush, moisturizer, contacts): 0.8 lbs
- Kindle Paperwhite (with case and 250+ books), 0.8 lbs
- Papers (passport, rail pass, rail map, notebook), 0.2 lbs
On my body, I'll also be carrying a pair of TOMS, the top half of the aforementioned zip-off pants, underwear, a t-shirt, a hat, a phone, a pair of headphones, cash, and credit cards.
The total weight of the pack (with a full water bottle) is 20.25 pounds (17 pounds with an empty water bottle), at least until I decide certain items aren't carrying their weight. But before that time comes, thoughts on the packlist to date?